|Amy Van Dyken||6|
Who has won the most Olympic swimming medals?
1. Michael Phelps (United States) – Swimming – 23 gold medals. The most decorated Olympian of all time – by some distance. Phelps’ 23 gold medals, plus three silver and two bronze, came across four Olympic Games from Athens 2004 to Rio 2016.
Who is the most successful female Olympian?
The most successful female Olympian for GB is cyclist Laura Trott, who has four gold medals, while the most decorated female Olympians are Katherine Grainger and Kathleen McKane Godfree, with five medals each – one gold and four silver for Grainger, a gold, two silver and two bronze for McKane Godfree.
Which female athlete has won the most Olympic gold medals?
Here are two lists, ranking athletes by the most number of medals, and also by gold medals won (including 2016 results).
top 9 females (total medals)
Which female swimmer of the US won the most gold medals?
Jenny Thompson (USA) – Swimming – eight gold medals
She won the same events at Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000, also swimming to glory in the 4x200m freestyle at those two Olympic Games.
Has anyone ever sold their Olympic medal?
On Thursday, 14 Olympic medals go on the block in a live sale conducted by RR Auction in Boston. … A “Miracle on Ice” 1980 ice hockey gold medal awarded to Mark Wells sold for $310,700 in 2010, while a similar medal belonging to Mark Pavelich and engraved with his name went for $262,900 last May.
Who is the greatest Olympian of all time?
The Top 100 Olympic Athletes
- Paavo Nurmi, Track, Finland. …
- Mark Spitz, Swimming, United States. …
- Carl Lewis, Track, United States. …
- Carl Lewis, Track, United States. …
- Usain Bolt, Track, Jamaica. …
- Larisa Latynina, Gymnastics, Soviet Union. …
- Michael Phelps, Swimming, United States. …
- Jesse Owens, Track, United States.
Who is the best female athlete of all time?
Jackie Joyner-Kersee is the greatest
|1||Jackie Joyner-Kersee||Track & Field|
|2||Babe Didrikson Zaharias||Track & Field|
|3||Billie Jean King||Tennis|
|4||Sonja Henie||Figure Skating|
Who is the most famous female athlete in the world?
Here are the winners of the first four years that the list has been created.
- 2019 — Serena Williams (Tennis)
- 2018 — Serena Williams (Tennis)
- 2017 — Ronda Rousey (MMA)
- 2016 — Maria Sharapova (Tennis)
4 февр. 2021 г.
Who is the first woman athlete?
The first Olympic Games to feature female athletes was the 1900 Games in Paris. Hélène de Pourtalès of Switzerland became the first woman to compete at the Olympic Games and became the first female Olympic champion, as a member of the winning team in the first 1 to 2 ton sailing event on May 22, 1900.
Who is the most winningest athlete?
The winningest athletes of all time
Enter Serena Williams and her 23 Grand Slam singles titles, which is the most in tennis history for both men and women. Or how about Michael Phelps and his record 28 Olympic medals, including 23 golds? Jack Nicklaus also won 18 major championships during his PGA Tour career.
Who has won the most gold medals in a single Olympics?
List of most gold medals won at a single Olympic Games
What country is Usain Bolt from?
Who is the best male swimmer of all time?
Top 10 Swimmers of All Time
- Mark Spitz, born 1950.
- Michael Phelps, born 1985.
- Â 3. Ian Thorpe, born 1982.
- Aleksandr Popov, born 1971.
- Pieter van den Hoogenband, born 1978.
- Johnny Weissmuller, born 1904 â€“ died 1984.
- Grant Hackett, born 1980.
- Krisztina Egerszegi, born 1974.
Who is the best backstroke swimmer in the world?
The current mark for the men’s long course 100m backstroke is 51.94, done in the summer of 1009 in Indianapolis. The short course mark is currently by the USA’s Nick Thoman, in a time of 48.94 performed in December of 2009. Of note is Ryan Lochte on the list of people who have broken the SCM 100m back WR.
Who is the fastest swimmer in the world?
Olympic gold-medalist Michael Phelps can swim the 200-meter freestyle in approximately 1.42 minutes, which equates to a speed of about 4.7 mph (miles per hour) or 7.6 km/h (kilometers per hour). A sailfish could cover 200 meters in about 10 seconds!