1. Michael Phelps (United States) – Swimming – 23 gold medals. The most decorated Olympian of all time – by some distance. Phelps’ 23 gold medals, plus three silver and two bronze, came across four Olympic Games from Athens 2004 to Rio 2016.
Which country has won the most Olympic medals in swimming?
In total Australia has won 58 swimming gold medals at the Olympic Games, second only to the United States, who have won 217. East Germany is in third place with 32 gold medals.
Who has won the most gold medals in Olympic swimming competition?
Michael Fred Phelps II (born June 30, 1985) is an American former competitive swimmer and the most successful and most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals.
Who has won the most medals in the Olympics?
In the history of the Summer Olympics, the United States has been the most successful nation ever, with a combined total of more than 2,500 medals in 27 Olympic Games. More than one thousand of these were gold, with almost 800 silver and over 700 bronze.
Who has won 3 Olympic gold medals?
American swimmer Michael Phelps is the youngest, most decorated Olympian, having won 28 medals in both individual and team events (23 gold, 3 silver, and 2 bronze).
List of Olympic medals over career.
Who is the greatest Olympian of all time?
The Top 100 Olympic Athletes
- Paavo Nurmi, Track, Finland. …
- Mark Spitz, Swimming, United States. …
- Carl Lewis, Track, United States. …
- Carl Lewis, Track, United States. …
- Usain Bolt, Track, Jamaica. …
- Larisa Latynina, Gymnastics, Soviet Union. …
- Michael Phelps, Swimming, United States. …
- Jesse Owens, Track, United States.
Who is the best male swimmer of all time?
Top 10 Swimmers of All Time
- Mark Spitz, born 1950.
- Michael Phelps, born 1985.
- Â 3. Ian Thorpe, born 1982.
- Aleksandr Popov, born 1971.
- Pieter van den Hoogenband, born 1978.
- Johnny Weissmuller, born 1904 â€“ died 1984.
- Grant Hackett, born 1980.
- Krisztina Egerszegi, born 1974.
Who is the best backstroke swimmer in the world?
The current mark for the men’s long course 100m backstroke is 51.94, done in the summer of 1009 in Indianapolis. The short course mark is currently by the USA’s Nick Thoman, in a time of 48.94 performed in December of 2009. Of note is Ryan Lochte on the list of people who have broken the SCM 100m back WR.
Who is the fastest swimmer in the world?
Olympic gold-medalist Michael Phelps can swim the 200-meter freestyle in approximately 1.42 minutes, which equates to a speed of about 4.7 mph (miles per hour) or 7.6 km/h (kilometers per hour). A sailfish could cover 200 meters in about 10 seconds!
Are the Olympic medals real gold?
Each Olympic gold medal is made up of 210g of silver and is coated with 6g of 24 carat gold. The bronze medals are made of copper, zinc, tin, and a very small amount of silver.
Has anyone ever sold their Olympic medal?
On Thursday, 14 Olympic medals go on the block in a live sale conducted by RR Auction in Boston. … A “Miracle on Ice” 1980 ice hockey gold medal awarded to Mark Wells sold for $310,700 in 2010, while a similar medal belonging to Mark Pavelich and engraved with his name went for $262,900 last May.
Who is the richest Olympian?
Top 10 Richest Olympic Athletes In The World
- Bruce Jenner (aka Caitlyn Jenner) Net Worth: $100 million.
- Usain Bolt Net Worth: $60 million.
- Michael Phelps Net Worth: $55 million.
- Scott Hamilton Net Worth: $30 million.
- Zara Tindall Net Worth: $20 million.
- Okasana Baiul Net Worth: $20 million.
- Carl Lewis Net Worth: $20 million.
- Nadia Comaeci Net Worth: $10 million.
22 янв. 2021 г.
What country is Usain Bolt from?
Who is the most decorated British Olympian?
The most decorated female British athlete is rower Katherine Grainger, who won five medals during a 16-year Olympic career.
- Bradley Wiggins – eight medals (five gold, one silver, two bronze)
- Chris Hoy – seven (six gold, one silver)
- Jason Kenny – seven (six gold, one silver)
- Steve Redgrave – six (five gold, one bronze)
1 апр. 2020 г.
Which female swimmer has won the most Olympic medals?
List of top Olympic gold medalists in swimming
|Amy Van Dyken||6|
Who holds the record for the most medal won by a woman at the Olympics?
The most Olympic medals won by a woman is eighteen by gymnast Larisa Semyonovna Latynina (USSR), nine gold, five silver and four bronze, 1956–64.