What should I pack for river rafting?
Wear on the River in Warm Conditions:
- Quick dry shorts/bathing suit.
- Synthetic shirt for warmth and sun protection.
- Sturdy footwear – sandals with straps (no flip-flops), sneakers, wetsuit boots.
- Hat with brim to protect face from sun.
- Sunglasses with retainer strap.
- Avoid all cotton clothing, as cotton gets cold when wet…
What shoes do you wear for river rafting?
A: Closed-toe athletic training shoes, running shoes, or water shoes are the best choice for most river rafting trips. Whitewater-specific shoes are nice—but not necessary for Timberline trips. In cold temperatures or on high-intensity sections of whitewater, neoprene booties with rugged soles are often worn.
What clothes to wear for rafting?
Sport sandals that strap on, tennis shoes, and water shoes all work very well. Flip flops are NOT recommended. SWIMSUIT to wear under wetsuit -or- to wear with personal nylon SHORTS OR PANTS. Quick-dry fabrics work best; avoid cotton, as it retains water and will make you cold on the river.
How do you pack for a multi day rafting trip?
Packing List for Overnight Rafting Trip
- Clothes to paddle in.
- Long pants.
- Long-sleeved shirt.
- Light or fleece jacket.
- Swimming suit.
12 сент. 2014 г.
How do you prepare for rafting?
10 Whitewater Rafting Safety Tips
- Choose a licensed and professional rafting outfitter. …
- Always wear a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD). …
- Be safe and comfortable. …
- Make sure you have the right outerwear for the day. …
- Hold the paddle properly. …
- Stay in the boat! …
- Know the proper swimming techniques. …
- Know the commands – High-Siding.
What do you wear to the river?
Old sneakers, water shoes, or strapped sandals are appropriate. We do not allow bare feet or flip flops. Cap, visor or inexpensive sun glasses; bathing suit or shorts and a T-shirt; sun screen; old sneakers, water shoes, or sport sandals; towel and a change of clothes for after the trip.
Is River rafting dangerous?
You do have a small chance of being injured on a rafting trip, about 1:558 and a 1:100,000 chance of being a fatality. This means that for the vast majority of people, rafting is simply a great fun adventure. Rafting not just about big white water.
Can you wear sandals white water rafting?
If they’re an outdoor brand and have a heel strap they are ok to use. Keep in mind that they will be wet, and you will be walking around in them. Leather sandals will also get larger when soaked in water all day. After the river trip these shoes will be a little dingy and stretched out so beware and bring old sandals.
Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
Whatever your choice in rafting shoes, keep in mind that you need something that will stay on your feet and will keep you comfortable during the trip. Crocs and flip-flops are not recommended.
What I wish I brought on my Grand Canyon rafting trip?
What to Pack for a Grand Canyon Rafting Trip
- 5 THINGS TO PACK FOR A GRAND CANYON RAFTING TRIP.
- Neoprene socks. …
- Gloves. …
- Brimmed hat. …
- Rain gear. …
- Baby wipes. …
- 5 THINGS TO AVOID PACKING FOR A GRAND CANYON RAFTING TRIP. …
25 июн. 2014 г.
What do you wear white water rafting in Costa Rica?
What do I wear for my Costa Rica rafting tour? In short, wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind being wet in. Most men wear bathing suit shorts with a t-shirt, and most women wear shorts and a t-shirt or tank top with a bathing suit underneath.