How do you winterize a 2 stroke jet ski?
2-stroke watercraft winterization guide
- Step 1: Clean & Prep.
- Step 2: Check over.
- Give the watercraft a good check over and make a list of any known issues. …
- Step 3: Freeze Proof (for outside storage or storage areas that are not climate controlled)
- Step 4: Compression inspection and engine fogging.
- Step 5: Battery service and care.
How do you winterize a 4 stroke jet ski?
Here are the steps for Winterizing a Yamaha Waverunner:
- Remove spark plugs one at a time and spray fogging oil into each cylinder. …
- Wash engine compartment thoroughly with soap and water.
- Ensure that the hull has completely drained.
- Replace drain plugs.
- Mix Antifreeze in the bucket with water – 1:1.
How do you put antifreeze in a jet ski?
Here’s how you do it: You mix water with antifreeze in a large bucket. Do not use standard automotive antifreeze, but RV antifreeze instead because it won’t harm the environment as much. The antifreeze will keep any fluids in the exhaust system from freezing while your jet ski is being stored for the winter.
How do you winterize a Honda jet ski?
How to Winterize My Honda AquaTrax 1200
- Drain the engine. …
- Clean the exterior. …
- Measure out the fuel stabilizer and pour the recommended amount into the gas tank. …
- Oil the carburetor, pistons, cylinders and any other metal part that moves on metal. …
- Remove the battery. …
- Stuff a rag into the exhaust to prevent insects or animals from crawling inside.
What happens if you don’t winterize your jet ski?
If you do not properly maintain your jet ski during the off season, you are at risk for expensive engine repairs in the spring. Engine repairs often exceed the value of the jet ski and can keep you from getting back on the water. Proper winterization will save you time and money in the long run.
How much does it cost to get a jet ski winterize?
The average cost of getting a jet ski winterized by a mechanic is $600-$800. To get an accurate price for your personal jet ski, call a local dealer and they will be able to tell you a more exact price.
Is winterizing a Jet Ski necessary?
Winterize the Jet Ski Exhaust System
Winterizing the exhaust is only necessary if you live in a cold climate and plan to store your jet ski outdoors during the off-season.
How do you winterize a Seadoo 2020?
Run the engine for 90 seconds at idle and ensure water flows out of the pump while flushing. Next, shut the water off and continue to run the engine at 5000 RPM for 5 seconds, then shut the engine down. Drying out the exhaust system is especially critical in cold weather areas.
Do you have to winterize a Seadoo?
Winterizing is a critical maintenance function to ensure your prized Sea-Doo watercraft will be ready to go spring rolls around. … Going through the proper motions is key to keeping your watercraft at peak performance. If you are in an area that reaches the water freezing range, complete winterization is a must.
How do you winterize a Sea Doo GTX 155?
How to Winterize a Seadoo GTX 4-TEC
- Drain the water from your engine as soon as it is done for the season. …
- Clean and thoroughly dry the exterior as well as interior of the craft. …
- Add in a fresh tank of gas. …
- Raise the GTX 4-TEC’s seat to access its engine. …
- Disconnect your battery’s negative terminal, and then the positive terminal.
Does Honda make personal watercraft?
Does Honda Still Make Personal Watercraft? No, unfortunately Honda doesn’t currently make personal watercraft. However, they entered the PWC market in 2002 to compete with the big three (Kawasaki, Sea-Doo, Yamaha), and after a couple of years, Honda canceled their PWC line.
What kind of oil does Honda Aquatrax use?
Use Honda GN4 Oil for your Aquatrax.